Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Everything

Is it not obvious how totally sinful and unworthy I am?
I don't deserve anything from You.
Yet, I need You for everything
and You selflessly give it to me through You own Son's blood.
My past, present and future sin nailed down Your own flesh and blood on a wooden cross.
You are absolutely incredible. mysterious. generous. comforting. encouraging. amazing.
You are my everything
My pick-me-up.
My guidance counselor.
My coach.
My teacher.
My leader.
My friend.
The last one is my favorite.
I love to call You and am blessed to call You my friend.
Spending time with You is always refreshing and encouraging.
You whipe my tears.
Give me advice.
Have a serious sense of humor.
Challenge me.
Comfort me.
Lift me up.
Push me forward.
I am moved to tears at the thought of all You have done in my life.
I pray You never stop testing me and refining me.
I am thankful for that and for conviction because I know it is bringing me closer to You.
You set it up so I come to You for help.
I am honored You care so much
and I will always come back to You.

"When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer"
 -Psalm 94:19

No comments:

Post a Comment