Sunday, May 1, 2016

Perspective

I love looking back on things I have written and remembering the time in life in which I wrote them.  The following were written when I was leaving a job I loved and felt I thrived in.  The circumstances that lead to this were less than ideal but I love looking back and seeing how the Lord carried me through with perspective, grace, and love.  God knew I needed to be home.  He graciously used a tough situation to bring me back closer to family.  For that--and the lessons I have learned during that time--I am forever grateful.


I may not be the smartest person but I will never stop learning
I may not be the funniest person but I will always find a reason to laugh
I may not be the strongest person but I will never give up
I may not be the most beautiful person but I will choose to see beauty in every circumstance and person

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of my biggest life lessons have been learned when I felt I have been or have truly been wronged by someone.  Giving it over to the Lord to either humble me or redeem the situation for my benefit.  You will reap what you sow, and so will they. (Galatians 6:7) Trust and let Him handle it.

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." 
- Galatians 6:7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing on the Lord's foundation means when someone speaks ill of you, seeks to demoralize you or put you down--you don't have to utter a sound, defend yourself, or get caught up in the run around.  Because you trust the Lord to shine your true character--He handles the put back, the rebound.  What is lost on the world, in Him will always be found.  Our job is to turn the other cheek--overcome evil with good--so love can abound.

"Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, 'Vengeance is Mine, I will repay', says the Lord.  Therefore 'If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in doing so you will heap coals of fire on his head.'  Do not be overcome evil but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:19-21

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True growth may be painful; but worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment