Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Bridal Story

Over the summer I read a book along with my Bible study with some of my sisters at USF.  The book was Completely His by Shannon Ethridge. 

First of all, AMAZING BOOK!!!! I recommend to any girl or woman out there who happens to read this. I cried through parts of this book for just how Shannon describes the amazing wonder of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and how He has every intention to mend our hearts and sees us as His perfect and righteous bride.

Second, there was a part in the book where she laid out how we can write our own testimony, or bridal story.  I wanted to share mine and in turn maybe inspire you to write your own.

Today I am living a life that is mended, complete, and satisfying.

But it wasn't always this way.  I used to struggle with having no direction in my life and focused too much on others opinions.  I'd want attention from anyone who would give it to me and would feed off compliments from them in order to feel worthy and good about myself.  I didn't have guidelines in my life which at times caused for bad decisions.  I had no clue the realization of what it felt like to be completely loved by God.  I thought I had everything figured out on my own.

Then, I recognized God's lavish love for me.  Although my life isn't perfect, I am confident in who I am and that is Robyn Oakley, a daughter of God.  I am perfect in His eyes because He created me.  I am made new in His image and have been totally forgiven for my sinful nature.  I am beautiful because the Lord made me and He doesn't make mistakes.  I am how I am because God created me this way for a purpose only I can fulfill.  Although I don't know that full purpose on earth, God does and I trust in Him to show me and guide me so that it can be fulfilled in His glory.

"Never again will you be called "The Forsaken City" or "The Desolate Land." Your new name will be "The City of God's Delight" and "The Bride of God," for the LORD delights in you and will claim you as his bride" -Isaiah 62:4

                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment