Tuesday, February 14, 2012

God's Love Letter - Happy Valentine's Day :)

This is a love letter I composed written from God to myself, and His other daughters!  I love it because it is straight from His word and I never want to tire of His love so I thought it would be neat to try and grasp just How much He loves us by writing a letter from His perspective detailing how much He loves us.


Hey Beautiful Daughter,
"You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you." (Song of Solomon 4:7)  Do you know I brag about you saying, “She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her” (Proverbs 3:15) I take such delight in you and every time you glorify Me, I rejoice: “No, the Lord’s delight is in those who fear Him, those who put their hope in His unfailing love.” (Psalm 147:11)  If you also delight in me I promise I will guard your precious heart: “Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your hearts desires.” (Psalm 37:4)  You are so special to me that even in your most shameful and embarrassing acts of sin precious daughter, I have loved you: “but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)  I washed you in My blood to make you clean and new! “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)  I chose you specifically, crafted you in my image, and made you to preach the Gospel and be an ambassador of Christ: “Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us.” (2 Corinthians 5:20)  My love for you is so strong that nothing can ever shake it or stop it: “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, now powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:37-39)  Precious daughter I just hope you never forget how much I love you: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)

Love,
Your Father

No comments:

Post a Comment