Friday, November 9, 2012

Happy Birthday, Daddy!


It was my Daddy's birthday yesterday and I wanted to write him a birthday-lovin' poem :) It is funny because the style of this writing came out sounding a little child-like, but I think that is perfect because that is still how I feel around my Dad--like his little girl :) Happy Birthday, Daddy! I love you!

Gentle.
Is the first word that comes to mind
When I think of you and how you are kind
To everyone; your heart is so sweet
Soft spoken and genuine to all people you meet
Patience.
Is another word to describe your love.
Having me as a daughter called for it beyond and above.
Always supportive, no matter what I had done.
Having you as my daddy? Yup, I definitely won.
Selfless.
Doing all for your family and none for yourself
What you have given us far exceeds wealth
Comfort, love, laughs, safety and strength
When it comes to supporting us, you go to great lengths
Precious.
There is something about you, dad that makes my heart skip.
There’s a spot in my heart carved out for Daddy that I trust you will never rip.
The things you say and encouragement you give hold so much weight.
Spending time with you is like an ideal date.
Funny.
Countless jokes and funny stories
Your humor is witty and quick, like a cool breeze
No matter what you say, it’s just funny because you’re dad.
I could go on and on listing the fun times we’ve had.
Hardworking.
Is a trait instilled in who you are.
Providing and setting an example so we can go far.
Working long hours, fixing everything around.
No where, from you could a complaint be found
Generous.
Not only with your love but also with your time
I pray to possess half of that quality that you have as mine
Always thinking of others and doing favors for them
If I need you for something the only question asked is “when?”
Daddy.
Is how I will describe you last.
It’s my title for you—future, present and past.
Nothing will change, I’m forever your “girlie”
I love you, Dad and thank you for loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment