Thursday, June 28, 2012

Puzzle!

Some of you may know, because I posted a part of it on Twitter last night (Twitter sometimes act as my memory bank when I'm laying in bed and God springs an idea on me) but the thought came to me that we are like those crazy hard slide puzzles.  Since I just figured out how to put pictures on here (yes, I have had this for almost a year) I will show you what I mean:


First, we are undone.  A total mess of a puzzle; barely distinguishable.  This is how He wants us though.  He isn't expecting us to come to Him as put together with everything in its place.  He is far too gracious for that and frankly, what better way to make His name known then to clean up our mess of lives?

This place, for us; however, is uncomfortable.  We don't know where to go or what move to make.  No matter how much we try to clean our mess of a puzzle life up on our own we can't do it.  We are still unusable if we are trying in our own strength or knowledge. 

That is when we have to surrender.  Laying down all we have and offering it up to the Lord and asking Him for help.  No matter how stubborn you are, no matter how long you tried to do it on your own, God is waiting and ready and desiring to help you!  He will start to move the puzzle pieces around for you.  Little by little He will teach you lessons and push you to grow more in His image, an image that is recognizable.  We are usable, as a picture, because we surrenered our lives over to His hands.  God will continue to mold you and shape you into who you are meant to be in Him, as long as you let Him.



I know, personally, I need to surrender daily because the temptations of this world to "do it on your own" are overwhelming.  It is a never ending process, but the result can be something beautiful.  I get in God's way of Him crafting me how He intended me to be when I try to take matters into my own hands.  When I remove myself from the equation I am allowing God to use me in ways that I couldn't imagine.  He wants to shine His light through all of us.  He wants to shine the glorious image and picture of His Son and the sacrifice He made so that we could live.


"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
- 2 Corinthians 12:9


Are you ready to admit your weakness and start boasting in the power of the Lord to handle your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment