Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Heart Surgery

Gently, slowly, they slide down my face
I taste the salt of them before I realize what's happening.
Steady streaming and even, nothing can seem to replace
the tears. Now? Why? I'm not even sad.
I guess with a healing heart there's
always an underlying reason.
Love is a heavy word, filled with endless meaning.
In that word "love", your heart is pulled.
No quick fix.
Your life shifts around.
Do the dance.
Remix.
Life is good.
Life is great.
Nothing needs to be fixed.
People say love is blind
I would say I have to concur.
Sometimes I wish I could rewind
the blur;
of these feelings.
Why me?
What did I do?
Questions flash by as I lay awake.
Entertaining this demon of heartache.
Did I do something wrong?
Did I make a mistake?
People also say,
It's better to have love and lost
than to never love at all.
This, I also agree, even if you fall
into heartbreak
because this allows you to compare
the love God has for you
There's no room to compare
Despite His close heart inspection
Still no fear of rejection.
His love is too grand
it covers every flaw.
His love lifts us up; breaks us free of the law.
It is infinite, eternal, looks past every mishap
Stays strong, pushes us on, fills in for where we lack
Which, is everywhere, completely
if we don't have Christ.
We're a mess on our own
filled with darkness, not light.
I wanted to be loved,
Yet was looking straight past the mark
but, God continued on my heart.
He pulled me out of the dark.
That's why, if you ask if I'm single
I'll say I'm taken by Jesus.
My main man, side dish, plus dessert
that's who He is.
Thank You, Lord for loving me fully, the most.
That's why in Your love, only, is where
I will boast.


"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."
-Psalm 51:17

No comments:

Post a Comment