Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Sacrifice

God. 
You are so amazing 
There are actually no words sufficient enough to describe 
Your goodness. 
There perhaps is no better way to 
Describe the sacrifice You made for us then just that: 
The sacrifice You made for us. 
Your Son took on the world's sin. 
For Him to take that on, means 
We take off 
Worry, shame, fear, doubt. 
Your Son soaked in every punch 
Without even a shout. 
It hurts my heart to think of what 
My sin did. 
Then I smile, because it makes me 
Realize You're there. 
If my heart hurts for You then 
In me You reside. 
HA! I giggle out loud now to think 
Of the change inside. 
My heart: hard as stone, 
Cold as ice to the core. 
Ripped it out, crushed it up, 
Pulled out junk--it was sore. 
But I loved it, it made me cling to 
You to restore. 
I never want to leave Your side, 
Give me more 
Of Your knowledge, love, comfort and grace 
Am I silly for asking? 
All I need is to state 
The want, desire and need to know more 
You were there from the beginning 
And even before I was born, even thought of, 
Or a partial existence. 
You know when I'm coming and going 
You straight up wrote the script, this 
Is no news 
My thoughts, challenges, struggles 
They are perfectly placed. 
I am thankful because this means I am graced 
With the blessings of lessons 
Taught by the one true life professor 
Man, I thought I had life but In fact had much lesser. 
Death. Actually. 
Dead man walking is what I dressed in. 
I had thought I had life 
But was blinded by sin, 
Binded by sin, 
Wrapped up, consumed and 
Totally decided to sin. 
And that is just me. 
Count it. 
I. 
Just one. 
Christ died for the world 
Death-zero, Christ-1 
Scratch that. 
Infinity 
Eternal. 
Salvation. 
We shouldn't be able to touch His score on the board 
Or keep up in His race 
And yet once again I state: 
How great is our Lord? 
Gift of life. 
No regrets 
By the blood that was poured.

No comments:

Post a Comment