Thursday, July 21, 2011

First Post!

So I wrote this a couple days ago but just wanted to see how this whole blog scene worked!

On my run today, as I usually do, I gave a little "thank you!" to God everytime I hit a patch of shade, got a feel of a nice breeze, or hit that downhill slope.  I began thinking towards the end of my run how appropriate this can fit into everyday life.  How often and easy is it for me to thank God when things are going great and I'm on that easy downhill path of life.  What do I do when I come around the bend and see no shade in sight and I can barely see from the sweat pouring down my face?  Am I thanking God even when I'm on that seemingly impossible uphill with the sun shining right in my eyes?  I should be.  Those are the times I need to most; when God is using hardships in my life to break down parts of me and build them back up better in His image.
God's work is always good, even when I can't even begin to think of a finish line.  Like Col 3:17 says, "And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." God doesn't throw at me anything He know I can't handle, so why not thank Him for the lesson's that hardships in life are teaching me; molding me to become a better Christian. Another comforting passage for me concerning these ideas is 1 Tim 4:4 "Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks."  Okay! There is nothing my God created that isn't good? I'm so down with that! That's like a foolproof reason not to thank Him for everything.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Robyn, I love your new blog...a very insightful word. Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leaha! I'm not quite up to your speed ;) but I definitely can see why you enjoy doing this!

    ReplyDelete