Thursday, July 21, 2011

Random Observation

As I was trying to come up with what to title this page I pulled out my fanciest tools. Yup, that's right, Microsoft Word to look up synonyms. I was trying to be clever and come up with an alliteration (?) and typed in the word faith to see what wonderful synonyms would pop up.  I just had to write them down when I saw them! The words that came up next to faith were: confidence, trust, reliance, assurance, conviction, belief, devotion and loyalty!! Whoa right?!? It's like God typed in those words! It just proved to me the importance of faith in relationships with the Lord. 

Talk about tools, faith is the number one tool that holds a relationship with God together.  As Micorsoft Word pointed out to me, if you have faith then you have all those wonderful synonyms as well.  Faith brings you confidence in the Lords power, which further develops your trust in His plan for you and the situations that happen in your life.  We need to totally rely on the Lord and surrender to Him to get assurance that He has everything under control. Conviction is a sure fire way to know the Lord is working in your life and sparks your faith to be tested.  When you believe in God and His divine sovereignty it draws you closer to Him and drives you to want to devote more time to Him, giving Him glory in every situation that arises; good or bad.  All of this proving your loyalty to the One who doesn't know how to be disloyal.  Who never leaves your side even when your blinded by worldy things and lose focus.  Who is the light in the darkness and the compass to eternal life!

One little word with immense meaning behind it.  Faith. 

"When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours.
 - Romans 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment