Monday, August 22, 2011

Acrostic

Have you ever done an acrostic poem in grade school or middle school when you were growing up?  The ones where you write out your name vertically then think of adjectives that describes you for each letter of your name.  They would all be fabulous positive adjectives.  I mean who would actually put something bad even if they truly felt that way.  There is nothing wrong with that either but I just started thinking of this one day and decided to be real with my acrostic poem.  I made one with how I truly felt before I came to know Christ personally and I also made a revised one now that I know the Lord has blessed me with His unending grace and love.

Reluctant
Overlooked
Broken
Yearning for fulfillment
Never satisfied

This one is obviously the one reflecting my "before" or my yellow grass phase like I mentioned in my other post.  The crazy part about this is that I didn't truly realize I was feeling this way until I grew in the Lord and started to look back and be thankful for all He has brought me out of.

Refreshed
One of a Kind
Beautiful daughter
Yes to His calling
Never alone

This acrostic resembles how not only God looks at me but how I have started to look at myself.  It was really encouraging for me to do this and I recommend trying it out for yourself! 

By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.
- 2 Peter 1:3

2 comments:

  1. Hey Robyn,
    Your mom shared your blog with me on Monday, and I have read and re-read your entries over and over. Your words truly changed my perspective on Monday, so obvious that was the day I was meant to read them. As I told your mom, you are an instrument of God with such a gift and its so awesome that you are using that gift! I really look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Reichert,
    It is awesome how God worked that out perfectly for you to hear it right when you needed to! I am so touched that you have gotten something out of my writing. You are so sweet to say those things. I appreciate your encouragement and am honored to have you reading :) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete