Monday, August 15, 2011

Stepping Forward

Okay, so this post is so totally God speaking because I found it in my journal and don't even remember sitting down and thinking to write this.  The Lord had something to say to me I guess!  I hope He can say something to you through this as well.

I once didn't know:
The love of God
What it felt like to converse with Him
How to trust Him
But I'm stepping forward
He calls me forward.

I look back on shame and the past
But He washed it away, and pushed me--forward.

I'm stepping forward
Into the light, which reveals flaws
And with gentle guidance those flaws are one by one worked on with patience
Patience that stands the test of time
That is unfailing.
That is immovable.
That is there to fall back on if you slip up.

I'm stepping forward--into strong hands
With that kind of guarantee why wouldn't I trust?
Easier said then done I suppose.
But why?

What have I ever gone through or struggled with that compares to being beaten and crucified for millions of unworthy souls?
But worthy in His eyes,
I'm stepping forward.

Whew! Comforting isn't it? The only one who is truly perfect and has every right to condemn us for how imperfect and sinful we are, doesn't.  Not only that but He calls us worthy and shows us grace for everything we have ever done to dishonor Him, ourselves or anyone else.  Can I get a God is good?!

Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory.
- Romans 5:2

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.
- Psalm 143:10

No comments:

Post a Comment