Friday, August 26, 2011

What Is It Like?

I found this in a copybook I had from last semester.  I remember my mind just filling with all these questions about heaven so I decided to write them down.  Some seem silly but it is just where my mind took me this night!

What is it like?
Do we walk, run, float, or fly to get there?
Or are we just all of a sudden, there?
Is there a line at the gates?
Are crowds of people we know waiting to greet and welcome us in?
Can we even find our voice when we see Him?
Does our whole life pan out in front of us?
Do we get hungry? Thirsty? Tired?
Do we get to pick what age we want to be?
Do we do the same activities we did on earth?
Do we discover new talents we didn't know we had?
Do we have endless talents?
Do we meet people we've never met on earth that have somehow impacted our lives?
Are we sad to find out someone we loved did not make it?
Do we finally understand?
Do we glow with righteousness?
Are we different?
If our earthly imperfections were transformed then we'd have to be different.
Is there transportation? Is there a need for it?
Are there any needs?
Do we need to bathe? Brush our teeth? Take care of our appearance?
Or is everything so perfect that it is already taken care of?
Is there hangouts or interaction among the people?
Do we learn everyones story? 
Everyones journey?
What is your journey?
What is it like?

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

3 comments:

  1. awesome...2 weeks ago i was able to go to the Hillsong United concert in Upper Darby and I honestly think we saw a glimpse of Heaven. They stopped singing and let the crowd lead and go ahead and all of the lights on stage gleam at the brightest possible setting white. I imagined God sitting there on His throne and every brother and sister praising and worshiping Him in His Glory for all of eternity. It was amazing, I broke down in tears. Robyn, if you want to check them out, I snapped some pictures with my phone and posted them on Facebook. -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first favorite part = "copybook" :-) but your genuine faith comes in a close second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan! That is so awesome!! I wish I could have been there to go. It makes me happy to hear the Lord showed you such an amazing experience through that :) I like what you imagined of everyone praising Him for eternity, it made me smile. But thank you! I definitely will check them out!

    Allison, HAHA! I no lie thought of you as I typed that! Love you

    ReplyDelete